Hi everyone! For our last Make-A-Difference Sunday we want to give a shout out to the Waterkeeper Alliance and all our fellow Waterkeepers, both in the United States and abroad.
Waterkeeper Alliance is an international organization with 200 Waterkeepers worldwide in 6 continents and 19 countries. Waterkeepers empower their communities to stand up for their right to clean water and ensure that our waterways are swimmable, drinkable, and fishable. Waterkeeper Alliance’s goal is to protect every river, creek, bay, and lake in the world through research, education, partnership, grassroots advocacy and dogged determinism.
Waterkeepers fill in when agencies don’t or aren’t able to monitor and enforce pollution permits. We use the rule of law to stand up for our waterways and fight to insist that clean air, clean water and healthy communities are a public right – the public trust – not just an afterthought.
You should consider supporting a Waterkeeper if:
(1) You like going to the beach, swimming, and boating.
(2) You support access to safe, clean drinking water.
(3) You live on or near a body of water that is important to you.
(4) You want to protect our waters for the use and enjoyment of future generations.
How to Support
(2) Get involved with your local Waterkeeper. Find out what their issues are and if there are volunteer opportunities or projects coming up.
(3) Make a donation to your local Waterkeeper. Nonprofit organizations depend on financial support and in-kind donations to keep doing what they do.
Together we can make a difference!